1. Do you provide moving services?
By definition, self-storage is just that. It is your responsibility to pack and move your belongings in and out of storage. We do sell a variety of packing and moving supplies. We have a street level loading area on Andem Place with carts and dollies available at no charge for your or your movers’ use.
2. Are there any restrictions on what I can store?
You may not store any of the following:
- Food or supplements of any kind, whether for humans or pets
- Any living plants or seeds
- Lithium batteries of any type
- Alcohol or any flammable or hazardous material
- Guns or ammunition
- Gasoline or any gas powered item
- Anything leather or fur
- Wool rugs
- Any goods valued at more than $5000.00 unless declared and covered by tenant’s private insurance
3. Do I need tenant storage insurance?
A requirement of our rental agreement is that all tenants’ goods must be insured. If you have coverage under your homeowner’s, renter’s or business insurance policies, please provide us with proof of coverage. Longwood Storage Company offers a tenant protection plan with rates starting as low as $8.00/month for $2500.00 coverage with a zero dollar deductible. Self-storage facilities do not insure the contents of a storage unit, unlike movers or warehouses. You lock your own unit, keep the keys, and maintain care, custody, and control of your unit.
4. What are the storage access hours?
Our access hour are the same as office hours; Mon, Tues, Weds, Fri-9 am to 6 pm; Thurs- 9 am to 7 pm; Sat-9 am to 5:30 pm. We are closed on Sundays. The building is locked after hours.
5. What security measure are in place?
We have a brand new CCTV system recording 24/7 the inside and outside of the facility.
6. What is needed to rent a storage unit?
You need a photo id, proof of insurance-unless you are enrolling in our Tenant Protection Program, and your initial payment which includes a 1 month security deposit and $15.00 administrative fee. Members and families of US Military personnel, please present your military id for our records. You will also sign a monthly rental agreement at the time of move-in.
7. How do I pay my storage bill?
You can pay online here. The easiest way is to set up your credit card for autopay. Your card will be automatically debited on the first of every month.